What is TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)?
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a wide-ranging medical system that includes herbology, acupuncture, moxibustion, tuina therapy, diet therapy and qi gong. TCM has been used in China for over 4000 years and has become widely used. TCM is still the main form of treatment used in Chinese hospitals.
How does it work?
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practitioners believe that good health is a state of balance within the body. This balance allows the free flow of energy, blood and nourishment through all tissues and organs. Disease occurs when there is an imbalance of energies, blockage of the energy channels or a disruption of energy flow. The main goal of TCM is to bring the body into balance.
Modern scientific research confirms that TCM treatment promotes the production of natural healing substances to relieve pain, regulate nerve transmission, enhance the immune system, regulate hormone and blood flow and release natural anti-inflammatory substances.
What kind of disorders can Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) treat?
- The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends TCM for treating the following conditions:
- Digestive Disorders – Diarrhea, Constipation, Gastritis, Acid reflux, GIRD, Ulcers, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Colitis, etc.
- Pain – Migraine/Headache, low back and Neck, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Sciatica, Tendonitis, Toothache, Arthritis, rheumatism, Injuries, etc.
- Respiratory Disorders – Asthma, Allergies, Sinusitis, Sore Throat, Pneumonia, Cough, Bronchitis, Common Cold, Flu, etc.
- Women’s Issues – PID, PMS, GYN disorders, Menopause, Irregular menstruation, Painful periods, Endometriosis, etc.
- Circulatory Disorders – High or Low Blood Pressure, Cold Extremities, Palpitations,
- Emotional Disorders – Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, PTSD, Stress, etc.
- Neurological Disorders – Bell ’s palsy, Numbness, Stroke, MS, Parkinson’s, Neuropathy, etc.
- Urinary/Kidney Disorders – Kidney Stones, Cystitis, Bladder Infection, etc.
- Children’s Diseases – Measles, Mumps, Growing Pains, Ear Aches, etc.
- Other – cancer and tumor, Vertigo, Prostatitis, Skin problems Diabetes, Conjunctivitis, Fatigue, Liver & Gall Bladder Problems, etc.